:: Install Guide (pdf)
Measure the transaction response times of web and application servers. Performing continuous passive monitoring of network traffic. Recording historical data of measurements in a back-end database and presenting via a PHP/Jpgraph based web front-end.
PasTmon is a passive network traffic analyser that can measure user transaction response times of web, ftp, dns, irc, pop, mail, postgresql, and mysql database servers. You can even define your own signature rules to monitor custom TCP based applications. PasTmon is a server administrator's tool for measuring application performance and response times.
2015-04-26: PasTmon-0.17.3 released.
Highlights in 0.17:
- Auto reconfigure as network interfaces are added or deleted, starting and stopping sensors accordingly. To support highly dynamic environments like OpenStack and CoreOS.
- New docker images released on DockerHub pastmonweb∞, pastmonsensor∞.
2015-04-05: PasTmon-0.16.0 released.
Highlights in 0.16:
- Allow split sensor vs sensor+web ui builds.
- pastmonphp uses dejavu truetype fonts instead of corefonts.
- Fixed signal handling to improve failure cleanup handling.
- Dojo upgraded to 1.10.4.
- Fixed CIDR netmasking for ipv4 and ipv6.
- various bug fixes.
- Support running sensor and ui under docker. Monitoring CoreOS: pastmonweb∞, pastmonsensor∞.
Useful pages: FormattingRules